Thursday 7 May 2015

Iconic 3 & Essential Shimmers | Review

A couple months back I made an online order for a makeup brand I had never tried before, that was Makeup Revolution. I knew from reading so many reviews that I had to get at least one eyeshadow palette and I couldn't choose between the Iconic 3 and the Essential Shimmers so I just got both as they're so cheap. I got Essential Shimmers because everyone talks about it and I've seen some nice eye looks created with this palette, and I got Iconic 3 because it's meant to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 which I really want.

I'll talk about Essential Shimmers first because it's probably my favourite out of the two, I definitely prefer more neutral/copper shades rather than pink toned ones so I knew I would love this. All the colours in this look very similar but they all go so well together and they compliment each other perfectly which is great because it means that you can create a lot more looks to go with this palette. The Essential Shimmers palette is the one at the bottom of the photo and from left to right my favourite shades are 4, 5 and 8.

I'm not really sure why I wanted to try this palette apart from the fact it's a dupe for the Naked 3 palette, but I'm not so into pink toned eyeshadows, I much prefer neutral brown/copper shades because they compliment my skin tone and they're like my comfort blanket when it comes to makeup. This palette is the one at the top of the photo and from left to right my favourite shades are 5, 7 and 8.

The only helpful thing about those silly little brushes that come in these palettes is that you can use them to swatch the colours onto your arms without using your fingers, I mean it's not necessary but that's the reason why I keep all those brushes! Does anyone else do that or is it just me?



1 comment:

  1. These both look like such gorgeous palettes - especially Essential Shimmers! I've always been impressed with the quality of Make Up Revolution palettes, I'll need to pick these two up x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete