Monday 18 May 2015

Hollister Malaia Perfume | Review

I doubt many people reading this will have heard of this perfume because I swear hardly anyone shops in Hollister anymore (I don't anyway and if I do it's for the perfumes/body sprays and maybe loungewear) but anyway I have been loving this perfume for about 3 years but only bought my first bottle in April I think. The reason I didn't get it before was because I didn't want to spend nearly £40 on a perfume but it was ok because my mum bought it so if I wanted to use it I could. When I bought it though, it was reduced to £20 which is a bargain, although I hope it doesn't mean that they're discontinuing it! I actually have a story about this as well, we went on holiday to Spain one year and my mum wanted to take it with her but as you can see in the photo is has the squeezy top thing (I don't know what it's called) but the whole thing leaked and the pressure of the airplane basically sucked out all the perfume, I guess the only good thing was that the hotel room smelt delicious for the whole holiday! Even now when I use the suitcase I can still smell it and it happened 2-3 years ago!

Okay, so enough of the rambling and onto the actual review; the main notes of the perfume are Basil, Lavender and Vanilla Bean and it's such a beautiful fresh scent. It's meant to remind you of  'the essence of crisp water, sheer florals, and soft woody tones. The allure of the ocean and the California sun.' and it does, it just smells of holiday! If you walk past Hollister and love the smell this is similar to that although not quite, I mean it's the closest you're gonna get! It's the perfect scent for the summer and I think I will be wearing it everyday for the next 3-4 months! The only thing I don't like is that it only lasts about 3 hours, but it's such a strong smell and whenever I wear it my friends always ask me what I'm wearing which is nice because then at least I know I smell good haha!

I think the bottle is really cute and I do love the squeezy thing although I won't be taking it on holiday with me unless I decant it into a travelo or something because I don't want the same thing happening to me as it did my mum!


No comments:

Post a Comment