Thursday 10 March 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Haul and First Impressions

The day before Valentine's Day, me and my sister went to London for the day to have a little shop around and somehow we fell into Selfridges and came upon the Charlotte Tilbury counter. I have been lusting over Charlotte Tilbury for the longest time and since I only have one product from them which is the Rock 'N' Kohl eyeliner in Bedroom Black I thought it would be a great opportunity to try a few more of their products and better still I thought I'd treat myself to a little Valentine's present because if there's no-one to love you and spoil you on Valentine's Day you might as well spoil yourself!

The first thing I picked up was something I knew I wanted and had to get before I even got to the counter and it's the Filmstar Bronze and Glow, so many people have this and so many people rave about this, it's a lovely little contour and highlight duo and I've only used this once but the contour shade is the perfect colour, not too warm and not too cool toned. I also really like the highlight well but I do love a strong highlight and this is a little bit subtle but it's great nonetheless. I think that this would be a great product to take on holiday since you've got the two in one contour and highlight. One thing I have to talk about is the packaging, Charlotte Tilbury packaging is the most beautiful packaging I have seen. The rose gold is literally to die for and this is a blogger 'thing' if you like but you just want to take hundreds of photos and Charlotte Tilbury products are just ones that should be out on show on your dressing table, they are way too pretty to be put away into a draw where no-one can see them.

The next thing I got was the Magic Foundation, I have heard a lot about this recently and I am always sceptical when it comes to base products that everyone seems to be raving about because I never know if it'll work for me and I think with products like bronzers and highlighters you can definitely work with them if you feel like they don't work as well for you as they did for someone else but with base products it's different. I've used this a couple times since I got it and I do really like it so far, I feel like it's not as full coverage as I'd like it to be and I do find myself having to use more than I would if I were to use my Mac Studio Fix but I find that it lasts on my skin all day and it just makes my skin look quite radiant and fresh I think. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the smell of it, I think it smells a bit funny but you can't really smell it once you've blended it in so that's alright, I can live with that. Again I think the packaging is gorgeous but I won't go on about it because we all know how lovely looking Charlotte Tilbury products are.

I then got myself two lipsticks, I wanted to try out both of the formulas that they do so I picked up Bitch Perfect from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range and Very Victoria from the Matte Revolution range. Bitch Perfect is one that is very popular and there are a few people that seem to be talking and wearing this lipstick recently. I had wanted this since I heard Sammi from BeautyCrush or Samantha Maria it is now, but it's such a beautiful pink colour that is perfect for everyday use. Very Victoria is a very nice nude colour, I sort of picked this up on a whim because obviously I wanted to try out one of each formula and I just picked this one because I thought it was the nicest Matte Revolution one that they had. I don't think that it being matte makes much of a difference to the other formula when it comes to being quite moisturising. Usually matte lipsticks are quite drying but I didn't find that with this one at all. I found that it lasted a really long time and it didn't make my lips dry in the slightest. The only thing I would say in comparison about these lipsticks are that the packaging is exactly the same, I definitely would've preferred the two to be slightly different because they are two different formulas and since there are only two different formulas that they do I think it would've been nice to put them in slightly different packaging so you can tell the difference between them on the dressing table but that's not the end of the world and I still love both lipsticks just as much.

Are there any Charlotte Tilbury products that you've tried that I think I should try? I would love to know your recommendations as this is a brand that I will definitely be purchasing more from in the future.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful, ahhh that packaging! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article, thank you for the sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your content it is really very inspiring for I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.<a href="https://ambiglobalreview.blogspot.com>ambiglobalreview</a>

    ReplyDelete