Monday 3 August 2015

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag

I'm going on holiday in a week's time and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to tell you what makeup I will be taking with me. Obviously you don't want to be taking too much but if you're like me and want to take absolutely everything you own then this post might be helpful for you. I've split it up into categories to help me decide what I would actually use whilst away.

The first thing is foundation, I decided to bring two foundations with me, the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation because it's really glowy and looks amazing when the sun is out and I've also chosen to bring my Nars Sheer Glow which I know won't be my shade by the end of my holiday but for the first few days it will be perfect. For concealer I've gone for my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection, you cannot go wrong with this concealer it is amazing! I'll also take my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer because I love that for a more radiant glow under my eyes. The primer I have chosen to bring with me is my Benefit Porefessional, because my makeup always seems to look so flawless when I use this. The powder I'm taking with me is my Rimmel Stay Matte, it's my all-time favourite powder and keeps me from looking shiny.


I have chosen to bring two bronzers with me, the first is Benefit Hoola, I can't not take this with me I love it! The second is my Body Shop Honey Bronzer as it gives a much more natural looking bronze to my face. Highlighters are some of my favourite makeup products and this was by far the hardest section to pick from because I love each and every one I own the same amount, I had to go with three different ones, these are my Mac Soft and Gentle, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer and Benefit Watts Up, these are just incredible and I think if I hadn't bought either of these three then halfway through my holiday I would be wishing I had bought them! Onto blushers, I have chosen to bring my Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Seductive Pink, I think this is the perfect pink shade for the cheeks and would look lovely when I have a tan. I also am bringing my Benefit Rockateur, which I love and is my all-time favourite blush.



Choosing mascara's was quite easy for me, I think I've used both these mascara's and nothing else for the past two or three months and they are the Maybelline The Falsies and Benefit Rollerlash, both give so much volume and length to my lashes and they make them look amazing! The eyeliners I am taking are the Benefit Push Up Liner, Topshop Liquid Liner and the Maybelline Big Eyes, a mixture of all gel, liquid and pencil formula there which I use generally on a day-to-day basis anyway. I'm not going to be taking any single eyeshadows with me because I'm taking two palettes instead and in there I will have every colour that I need. I'm taking my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and my Stila In The Light palette, both are quite different palettes and have a range of different colours in them. For cream eyeshadows I am taking my all-time favourite one which is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, I literally wear this colour most days when I'm in a rush or just as a quick get up and go shade, it's perfect. For brows I am going to be taking my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, it's the perfect colour for my brows and I love it. To set that I will be using my Benefit Gimme Brow.


Choosing lipsticks was by far the hardest, I split it into four categories; red, pink, nude and coral. I have chosen to take two colours from each category which may be a little bit ridiculous but I know in my mind that I can justify it because I'm such an undecided person and I like to have plenty of choices in lip colour. The red shades I have chosen are Mac Russian Red and L'Oreal Color Riche in Julianne's Red, I did want to bring my L'Oreal Color Riche in Blake's Red as well but that is so similar to Mac Russian Red so there would have been no point. The pink lipsticks I have chosen is Mac's Speak Louder and L'Oreal Color Riche in Julianne's Nude, Speak Louder is sort of a darker pink and Julianne's Nude is an everyday pink shade. Next up is nude lipsticks, I have chosen my Nars Audacious Lipstick in Barbara and my Topshop Lipstick in Nevada, Barbara is a darker nude shade a little bit like the 'Kylie Jenner lip' and Nevada is more of a lighter true nude shade. The coral shades I have chosen is Revlon's Kiss Me Coral and Mac's Coral Bliss, Kiss Me Coral is definitely more of an orange than Coral Bliss which is a lot lighter and corally. I have also decided that eight lipsticks is not enough and that I can't go without my Rimmel 107 and Rimmel 03 so I have decided to take them as well. Away from lipsticks slightly, the lipglosses I have chosen to take with me are my Urban Decay Lipgloss in Liar and my Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Picnic in the Park.



That is everything that I'll be taking with me in my travel makeup bag, apart from makeup brushes which will be the usual Real Techniques and Zoeva.

No comments:

Post a Comment