Tuesday 24 February 2015

How I Edit My Photos

I'm not a blogger who has a very high quality camera so I have to use my phone when taking photos. This blog post will tell you how I edit my photos. Honestly, I don't do much so this post won't be very long at all! 

I usually take my photo's during the day when there's good lighting, usually in the middle of the day when the sun is out. Normally I have to wait for the weekend to take photo's because I'm at school during the week and when I get home the lighting is awful so when the weekend comes I go on this photo-taking spree and take like 100 photos to make up for the photo's I couldn't take during the week. I also plan during the week of what photo's I want to take and I do practise photo's to test which angle or layout I like best so it's quicker to do at the weekends and I can therefore get more done. But then it does take a long time to edit them all at once which is a pain!

When I started taking photo's for my blog I didn't ever think about how good photo's should look so I took them at any time of the day so they ended up being really dark and not very pretty! Okay, onto what I use to take photo's; I don't own a fancy camera that can take fancy hd pictures so I have to put up with my phone, I don't think the photo's turn out to be amazing or anything but they're not terrible. I don't do much to make my photo's look good, I use the app Afterlight which only costs 69p and all do is turn up the brightness, then turn up the contrast so that I don't lose any of the colour that was in the photo.

To put text on my photo's to watermark them I will use Phonto which I really like because there is such a variety of fonts that you can use, I do use the same one every time though because I really like it and it is called Yellowtail. Another app I use is Papelook, this is for putting a few photo's together and arranging them to how I think it looks best for my Monthly Wishlist's.

That's literally all I do to edit my photo's, I said I didn't do much haha! Below is an example of the Girl Online book below, which I did a mini review of in January if you want to check it out?!

Before - After


No comments:

Post a Comment