Monday 16 March 2015

Nars Sheer Glow | Review

I am aware that nearly everyone in the blogging community has or has tried this foundation, but I've never tried it before and I thought I'd do a review on it because everyone has different opinions and maybe there is a few people out there that haven't tried this and want to read a review about it before buying it.

I got this foundation for my birthday so I had to go and get colour matched by a professional, I got given a small sample which I used to try it out before we ordered the foundation online because they didn't have my exact shade in stock at the place I went to. I really love the formula of this foundation, it leaves such a nice glowy finish to the skin instead of it being greasy looking like some dewy finish foundations. It feels very hydrating on my skin and does not cling to any dry patches which is great. A lot of people have said this foundation breaks you out but thankfully it has not broken me out and my skin feels nearly exactly the same as it did before I started using it.

I really love the coverage because it's medium coverage which is what I like to wear. It covers any redness or blemishes I have without me having to cover up with concealer. It can definitely be built up to full coverage but I don't tend to do that because it feels too heavy and thick on my skin. It blends so nicely and and I love how it feels so light on my skin. Nars say that if you use your fingers to apply this it will give you the most perfect finish but I hate applying foundation with my fingers so I have not tried that yet. I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which to me looks great so I don't need to use my fingers!

I never apply my foundation without primer anyway but I have to say that this is one of he longest lasting foundation I have ever tried. It stays on all day and still looks perfect at the end of the day. The only thing I hate about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump so you have to spend an extra £4 to get one and it just makes the foundation seem so expensive! I think that if a foundation retails at £31.00 then it should at least come with an option of a free pump if you want it.

I can't deny that this foundation is amazing and I've used it everyday since I've had it. I am scared though because I don't want to run out of it anytime soon because I'm not sure if I'd spend that much on a foundation however good it is. Especially not now because I don't have a job.



2 comments:

  1. In love with the sound of Sheer Glow! I've wanted to pick it up for so long now, although it's always out of stock in my shade! :(

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie Blackwell3 April 2015 at 20:42

    That's annoying that it doesn't have a pump. I haven't tried this (definitely part of a minority!) but it's on my wish list. Heard so many great things about it xx Sophie/ www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete