Wednesday 20 January 2016

2015 Favourites | Base Products


I have been loving two foundations this year, the first is the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, it makes my skin look really glowy and radiant. It applies like a dream, I use a Real Techniques Bold Metals brush in 300 and it blends so nicely. The finish is great and you can't feel it on your skin at all it's very lightweight and the coverage is good, it covers up all my redness and most of my blemishes. The only thing about this is that it doesn't come with a pump, I hate it when foundations come without a pump because you just end up using too much and it gets messy. Regardless of that I will continue to repurchase this foundation because I love it but seriously Nars, get on that pump situation!

The other foundation I have been loving is the Mac Studio Fix Foundation, I used this at the beginning of the year until it ran out then I got my Nars one and used that until I finally repurchased this and since then I have been switching between this and the Nars one. This is a very full coverage foundation, and I'll use this over Sheer Glow when my skin is especially bad and I've got a few more spots and blemishes that usual. It's definitely long lasting and the quality is just that good that it's one I will never not have in my makeup collection. Again, like Sheer Glow it doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but it's really the only con to this foundation.

I have also been loving two concealers this year, the first is the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, I got this in duty free when I went on holiday in August and I've been using this everyday since. I am quite surprised how long it's lasted because I still have over half of this left! This is such a full coverage concealer, I honestly have the worst under eye circles because I just don't sleep and this just covers them up and makes me look so awake and freshed faced. It blends so easily and lasts all day. It doesn't crease on me, it just stays as it is all day! When I first got this I found that I was using too much and more was coming out the pump than I needed so I got a little pot that was used for a sample I had before and put three pumps in there and I find that it lasts 4 or 5 days which is good because I'm not wasting any product at all.

The second concealer I have been loving is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, it's a very brightening concealer and it has little shimmer particles in it which makes it very glowy which is great for use under the eyes as it brightens that area up really nicely. It is definitely very good if you are into strobing which I did go through a phase of. I really like this, it's so easy to blend and the coverage is good and I find that it last a long time as well, so it's an all round good concealer. It's so cheap as well so even if you've never tried it before you can't really go too wrong and it's not a massive waste if you don't love it.

My next and last base favourite is The Body Shop Instablur primer, I love this primer it's the best one I've found and used and I've loved it throughout the whole year, it's probably the only one I've used consistently and every time I've used something else I've gone back to this because it just works better for me. It keeps my makeup on all day and blurs out my pores so well! It's so cheap and affordable as well so I will continue to repurchase this. The texture of this is like a gel when you apply which is what I really like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment