Thursday 29 January 2015

Girl Online | Review

So as you all probably know Girl Online is Zoe Sugg's first ever novel, and if you don't know who she is where have you been the last 5 years? I know Zoe has had a lot of bad press about this book lately and I just want to say that Zoe is not an 'author' she's a blogger who got the opportunity to write a book. Think about it first, imagine if you'd been blogging for a few years and Penguin (Zoe's book publisher, which is one of the best) contacted you and asked if you wanted to write a book. You'd obviously be like woah, I can't write a whole book by myself and that's probably exactly what Zoe was like when she was contacted. I really don't care whether this book was 'ghostwritten' or not Zoe still came up with the characters and the main storyline of what she wanted to happen, then she got help with writing it because she is not able to write a whole book by herself, she's a blogger not an author and people need to remember that.

I honestly really love this book, I started it on a Tuesday and I'd finished it by the next day. I was so captivated by the storyline and literally couldn't put it down. The main thing I love about the book is that Zoe has taken it from personal experience, it really shows what people go through, and it taught me a rough idea of what anxiety and panic attacks feel like. Obviously because I don't suffer from anxiety I don't know what it feels like and I can't say that I do because I've read this book, I know what it is but is has really helped me understand a bit more. 

Obviously I don't want to give anything away because I'm sure a lot of people haven't read it but I will say it was such an easy read, which I do like sometimes because it's calming when you don't have to think too much about what's happening. If you've read it, please tell me what you thought about it in the comment because I'd love to know.


1 comment:

  1. The fact that you stood up for Zoe is captivating, especially since you have a strong personality that shines in your blog. I , for one, have never heard of Zoe or her book but after reading this, I have to say I want to buy it now haha!
    For someone who is knew to blogging and only 16, you are doing so good!

    Much love,

    Lauren Nicole O'Hara

    https://lauren-ohara-x.blogspot.com

    Anyone who stops by please leave a comment so I know you have visitied :) <3

    ReplyDelete