Saturday 17 January 2015

Mac Lipstick Collection

I'm making this blog post to talk about my Mac lipstick collection, at the moment I own 6, they are Creme Cup, Lovelorn, Bombshell, Saigon Summer, Speak Louder and Coral Bliss. I have every type of colour except the typical autumnal colours which I do really like but I'm not willing to pay £15 for a colour that probably won't suit me as well and I won't wear very often. Maybe when I get a job I'll have more money to spend so I won't have to come up with ridiculous reasons why I shouldn't get another lipstick. ha. I will definitely do updated collections but I won't feature the same lipsticks as in this one, so maybe every 6 lipsticks I get I'll do an updated Mac lipstick collection.

(left to right: Bombshell, Creme Cup, Saigon Summer, Lovelorn, Speak Louder, Coral Bliss)

Bombshell
I've never heard anyone talk about this lipstick before, I'm not sure why though because it's a beautiful soft pink with a touch of gold coral which is beautiful. It is a frost finish, and the only bad thing about this lipstick is I fint it quite drying on the lips after I've had it on for a bit.

Creme Cup
This one is a cremesheen so it is very creamy but that also means that the lasting power is rubbish, you would really need to be applying it all day. Aside from that though, there's no doubt about it that lipstick is gorgeous, it is one of the pressiest pinky nudes I own. It's the type of colour that will go with everything and it's the perfect everyday shade.

Saigon Summer
I really like this lipstick, I think it's the perfect orange colour for spring/summer as it is quite bright.  The Mac website describes this as a frosted bright orange but I wouldn't say that this is a frost formula, it's more of a cremesheen but not quite. It's a really beautiful colour without being too bold. The staying power isn't very good but it doesn't dry your lips.

Lovelorn
This was my first Mac lipstick that I ever bought, I bought it because it's very safe, it doesn't overpower your face and make you look done up. It's a lustre so it's not too glossy and it's not drying on the lips at all. This is another perfect everyday shade.

Speak Louder
This lipstick is a cremesheen, it has blue tones within it but I can't see any. I do really like this colour but I wouldn't want to wear it everyday because it's very pink and because I'm pale it's look brighter than it actually is. I defnitely prefer to wear this when I have a tan, so when I'm on holiday I tend to wear it the most out of all my Mac lipsticks.

Coral Bliss
I really lke this colour in summer when I'm looking for that toned down, less bright coral colour. The formula for this is a cremesheen so again the lasting power isn't great. It is very moisturising and it applies really smoothly.

2 comments: