Thursday 30 April 2015

April Favourites

Another month gone, which means it's time for another monthly favourites. This month has basically consisted of revising since exams start in May and trying to fit in writing posts around my revision schedule. It's been a busy month but I'm just looking forward to when exams are over and I have 11 weeks off school to relax before I start college.


I think I put the Naked 2 palette in my January Favourites which was the second ever blog post I wrote, but this time I haven't been using it so much for eyeshadow but I have been using it to fill in my eyebrows, there is one shade called Tease which I have really liked as a brow colour. I think I saw someone on Twitter say that they have been using it in their brows so I decided to try it and I love it. I do also use it with the Benefit gimme brow which I featured in last month's favourites just to set my eyebrows in place.

My next favourite is Makeup Revolution's Blushing Heart in Peachy Pink Kisses, this is a peachy pink toned blush with lots of shimmer running through it. I think the lightest shade in this is perfect for the tops of my cheekbones as a highlight colour but I love swirling all the shades together to create a beautiful blush colour which is perfect for spring as it makes your skin look so dewy and lovely. The pigmentation is incredible and it's so easy to go overboard which makes you look like you've fallen face first into a pit of shimmer so be careful not to over-apply! I did actually do a full review here if you want to have a look.

A lipgloss favourite this month is the Maybelline Color Elixir in Rose Redefined, it's the shade I've worn nearly everyday at school this month and it just makes you look so much more put together and ready for the day. It's such a pretty pink colour that looks so natural on the lips. It's so much better to wear a lipgloss to school rather than a lipstick because it's much less noticeable and you don't look like you've tried too hard.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in my favourites but it's my iPhone 6. I got this phone at the end of March and I've been loving it, I did have an iPhone 4s but after having it just over two years it was just so slow and the battery was rubbish and it kept freezing and restarting so it was just time to get a new one. The 6 just feels so nice and light compared to the 4s and it's so much thinner. I got it in the white and gold colour and it's just so beautiful, I don't think I've loved a phone this much!

3 comments:

  1. I heard so many good things about the Makeup Revolution blusher, I really want to try it!
    Sammy // daintyowl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked 2 is just so beautiful! And i love the look of the make up rev blushers - so cheap too!


    Beth x
    www.bethany-georgina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't beat the Naked palettes, all are so stunning!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete