Monday 22 June 2015

Golden Sugar and Hot Spice | Review

I'll be honest, I've had these products in my 'products to review' pile for a while now, I don't know what's taken me so long to get round to actually reviewing these but here we go, I'm doing it now. These palettes by Makeup Revolution are stunning, the first one I got was Hot Spice which is the one of the left of the photo, it has some gorgeous peachy pink shades in it as well as two highlighter shades that would go really well with the blushes. It has a nice mixture of both matte and shimmer blushes, so depending on the look you're going for you can opt for either. I'm not sure about this palette being for contour as well as blush because the shades are far too orange for it to be used for contouring. Saying that though I love the highlighter shades and they are perfect for everyday use.

Next up is the Golden Sugar palette which is the one on the right of the photo, I wanted this product for a long time before it came back in stock on the Superdrug website and it felt like forever for it to be restocked but when I saw it was I ordered it straight away and by the next day it was already out of stock again so I got it just in time! I really like the blush shades in this, there is quite a variety of colours in this so it's perfect if you were going on holiday, a couple of them could be doubled up as highlighters as well. The contour shades in this palette as opposed to the Hot Spice palette are a lot more suited for contouring, the shimmery one is great for bronzing your face and the matte one is great for contouring.

Both these palettes are £6 and come in shiny black packaging which is really lightweight so perfect for travelling. They also both have large mirrors which is always a bonus and makes applying makeup on the go so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing both of these up for a while and just couldn't decide which one to go for, I think I'll get golden sugar as I love the paler shades. They are both stunning!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these colors are gorgeous! I'm in such a blush phase currently!

    Shaguna

    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete