Monday 10 August 2015

Stila In The Light | Review

I bought this palette back in May and since then this has been my go-to palette. The thing I loved about this palette is the colour range, every shade is so neutral and there is the perfect balance between shimmer and matte shades, with 6 being shimmery and 4 being matte. The consistency of these shadows are amazing, they are so soft and creamy which makes them a dream to blend. They are also extremely highly pigmented and I love the Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner that it comes with. It's in the shade 'Damsel' which is a dark matte brown and it's perfect if you want your makeup to look a little bit softer than if you were to use a pure black shade. This eyeliner does not budge, it is incredible but it means that if you make a mistake you cannot reactify it without ruining your makeup, believe me I tried.

You can create so many natural looks with this, but you are also able to make it more of a nighttime look with some of the darker shades. The shade 'Kitten' is the perfect for the inner corner and I love 'Sunset' which is a beautiful coppery shimmer shade. The only colour I don't think I'll get much wear out of is 'Night Sky' which is a shimmery blue/grey colour because I'm much more into neutral eyeshadows and I think they suit me a lot more than if I had colour on my eyelids. I think this palette is such good value for money, it retails at £25 for 10 eyeshadows plus a waterproof eyeliner in the shade 'Damsel' which on it's own I think is £16 so to get all of this for £25 is pretty amazing if you ask me!

You can buy this palette in some Boots stores, my local one doesn't sell Stila so I got this off the ASOS website but you can also get this on LookFantastic and FeelUnique.





No comments:

Post a Comment